Thursday, November 20, 2008

I SURVIVED the 3Day Walk!!!!!!







Its official....I survived a 60 mile walk! It was a BLAST! The stories from survivors and their spouses were unbelievably heart wrenching, the main speaker lifted us up each night and got us dancing, I took my first shower in a semi trailer, I cried as the last walker came in each night, I was over-come with thankfullness to see all the people that came out to support the walkers, I met a group of ladies I hope to be friends with for a long time to come and.....drumroll please.......I won the 3Day Rockstar Karaoke competition! LOL

It was so amazing....I highly recommend the event to everyone! It is just so empowering and really brings you back to the important things in life. Here are some of my favorite pics from the weekend.

Crossing the Finish Line
Taking a picture with the firemen
Cancer can kiss my blisters...to which I had many..LOL
Raising our shoes to honor the survivors
The boys made posters for me - Total "Dad Had me for the weekend Hair! LOL)
"Superstar" pose with the ladies I met on the last day

No comments: