Monday, December 8, 2008

Shaver Happenings...






As usual we have have been extremely busy lately in the Shaver household. We spent Thanksgiving with Jason's sister in Prescott Valley. It was so surreal to be back there and see that I hardly recognized it anymore. Who would have thought that PV would have Kohl's...LOL We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with tons of food, the boys played on the rhino and dirt bikes and then had a blast with the potato launcher stuffing mashed potatoes, rolls, creamed corn etc, into a tube and firing it across the yard...(you women realize that by boys I mean MEN right? LOL) Jason and I took all 7 cousins up to Jerome and then we saw a hockey game in PV. PV has a professional arena...who would have thought?????

I was able to go Black Friday shopping with my SIL's neighbor Lisa and had a great time. It seems that we were destined to meet! We instantly had alot in common including our love for the Lord and Lisa opened a door to a potential 2nd income for me while Jason's industry of work is suffering. I am going to start selling Cookie Lee Jewelry and hope to bring in a little extra $$ while having a blast wearing jewelry I love! I plan on taking off with it in January full force so if you are interested in a party or buying from a catalog if you are out of state, let me know! :)

This past weekend, we spent our 11th Anniversary in Laughlin, Nevada for a Pop Warner Bowl Game with Ryan's team. We had so much FUN! Cosmic Bowling with the team, hanging out in hotel rooms and at the arcade, car shows, etc. We went dancing with 2 other couples and had a phenomenal time. What a blessing to share our joy with good friends. :)

As we near CHRISTmas I can't help but be thankful that I have my family. We may be having a hard time financially at the moment but we are blessed in so many ways. Family, Friends, new opportunities, and the ever constant love of our FATHER. May we all remember that with HIM all things are possible.

I'm off for now...Christian is home from school with Strep Throat....poor kid!

2 comments:

Gerritnow said...

Hey, I love your photos..they are really nice...

Brooke Zimmermann said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't wait to vacation with older kids.